Options

Interesting Article About Card Fraud

AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
While surfing the internet, I found an interesting article about card fraud written by a French researcher: XyliBox: How i carded myself
Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.

Comments

• Options
    paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    Thats pretty interesting. I've had atleast 9 Cards (roughly 1k stolen from me [always someone in brazil oddly enough]) comprimised myself in the last year. I wish he would have gone into the wireless RFID scanners though. Faraday cage wallets just arnt effective enough.
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nine cards??? I would turn to cash exclusively at that point, only withdrawn from a bank teller. Bills would be paid online.

That's insane.
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    Definitely an interesting read. It really just is impossible to tell if there's a skimming devices on some ATMs. I usually use one hidden inside my bank in view of many of their security cameras. I figure if someone can install a simmer on this inside a bank in view of that many security cameras then they deserve my bank information.
  • Options
    J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I work for a bank, you would be surprised how common ATM skimming devices are. They usually only put them on for a short while before they come back and retrieve the device.

Using an ATM inside of a bank branch is good advice. The security cameras on ATM's most of the time are low quality vs what is inside of the actual branch location, giving the authorizes more of a chance to try and capture the criminals.