Options

Anybody interested in joint study?

palitpalit Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
I widh to write my ICND1 next month...is there anybody else preparing for the same...can we please discuss what all we have covered and our study plan?

Comments

• Options
    IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm studying, but I'm aiming for a early December timeframe to take the test. My study plan is 10 weeks study, 2 weeks of reviewing. I started my studies on Sept. 12th, and so far I've got 95 hours. what did you have in mind as far as joint study?
  • Options
    Maybe to know what all needs to be covered...i have just started with simulations and am currently reviewing the theory and practising some assessment tests
  • Options
    What study material are you using?

I'm using Wendell Odom's ICND1/2 Official Cert Guides 3rd edition, and CBTNuggets CCNA ( which is divided between ICND1 and ICND 2 ). Also I'm using Packet Tracer, Danscourses ( on Youtube ).
  • Options
    I am using 1)some course material from mindleaders 2)Lammle book 3)Boson netsim simulator..also have the odom's book for ICND1 but haven't read it yet...How is Packet tracer and how do i get to use them if I am not a 'reegistered Networking Academy student, alumni, instructor, or administrator' as per cisco website Cisco Packet Tracer - Cisco Systems
  • Options
    You'll need google to find out how to get Packet tracer, I got mine from a former professor of mine that was a CCNP and former network academy student. For CCNA, as long as you can work with the Cisco IOS it should be fine. Also you can check out GNS3 which is probably the most powerful of them all, but is a bit more tedious to setup.

I think you're in pretty good shape as far as materials, a lot of people prefer Lammle book over Odom, I'm gonna get the Lammle book when I start prepping for the ICND 2.

How far along your studies do you think you are?
    If I had to say my progress, I'd say I'm at 70% of topics and knowledge covered and learned. I hope to cover all topics in by the end of this month. Then it's on to strict review of the knowledge plus lots of practice time for subnetting and configuring.
  • Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    palit wrote: »
    I widh to write my ICND1 next month...is there anybody else preparing for the same...can we please discuss what all we have covered and our study plan?

ICND1 or CC-entryleveltech is all about what you bring as far as knowledge BEFORE you start with the books. If you have no previous IT experience and perhaps subsequent Cisco or actually networking education through a class or academy, then you should start there or start with Network +. Do not jump into Cisco or more specifically networking until you have immersed yourself with A+ and namely Network + type study.

It's difficult to jump into the vocabulary and concepts because there are so many acronyms you have to become familiar with before you can get to the "meat". I would consider Net+ or try to take a sample ICND1 exam to see where you stand. I just took a practice ICND1 exam and got a 70%. Now I go back and cover what I go wrong. I am doing this at an Academy with a Cisco IV class but I previously already had Packet Tracer and yes it is a great great tool provided you build a lather and use it and then keep it all "well sorted" and "hold the info like a reservation" in your mind!

Many people can help ask you questions to assess how much you know so try to find individuals who can help you. You can PM and I can try to help.