Options

general queation about 640-802 and about boot camps

ster1ster1 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Folks, new to the forum here. My name's Pete and I'm working on my CCNA like everyone else, and like most everyone else, I'm frustrated with the process so far. I've read the "factory" cisco books (all 4 of em) and I'm in the process of reading the Lammle book. I have 2 2900 Catalyst switches and 2 2501 routers here at home I have named "New York" and "LA" to experiment with. I have worked around data networks for over 5 years, and even spent a year as a technician on a cisco network. I am so damn frustrated with these test questions I could scream. I mean, seriously, for example, "is unplugging an AC unit to a switch closet a physical threat or environmental threat" is a part of a question? REALLY? We have gotten SO ****, we are arguing about that? That's right out of the Cisco text folks. And yeah they call it a physical threat even. Out in the real world, WE DONT CARE what kind of threat it is, we just fix it. OK, sorry had to blow off a little steam there, sorry. My questions to you are 2: for those who have taken the exam, is there a process by which I can "review" my exam with perhaps a proctor and argue my case for any answers to prove that maybe I'm right and the test is wrong? Even the cisco texts contradict themselves in a few places and I don't want to fall victim to some it10t fat fingering my exam (except me that is). My next question is, which one of the approximately 10 million "traveling" boot camps are good? The best even? I need to get this done by the end of the year, and if I can't get er done by reading every printed word on the subject available, I want to go to a boot camp but I want a GOOD one. I don't want to toss my 4 grand into some hole and not end up with a cert. Thanks for letting me complain about my pain. I'm sure we're all in the same boat in that regard.icon_shaking.gif

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    1. You can file a claim to Cisco, but good luck with that. The test has been taken thousands of times already so I doubt there is much to argue.

2. Bootcamps are just a waste of money IMO. You are much better served using that money to self study.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yah I believe you have to pay Cisco 100 bucks to have them review it for you...from what I have been told it's a waste of money.