Test Day Cans and Cannots?
My test day is coming up soon and I had a few questions about the test day experience. I have read all the basics but I still had a few specific questions.
- On the test day, I know that breaks are voluntary and can be taken at any time. However, as a smoker who is going to be sitting in a 6 hour stressful situation, will there be a designated smoking area or should I bring an electronic cigarette and use it in the bathroom?
- Will paper and pencil be provided to those taking a CBT? I feel like I would like I want to be able to write things down as I go along to help me with the understanding it would have to be destroyed prior to leaving.
- I know that no food or drink is allowed in the testing room but can any be consumed during breaks? What are some good things to have that can be stored and where is it stored?
Definitely focus on being able to derive the answers with the given info rather than the mathematics. They will more than likely be the most elementary of equations.
i am a smoker too but trust me you will not feel like smoking during break. I never smoke before and I always book 10:30 AM slot. During exam it will never help you sustaining the stress but it will surely increase the stress and anxiety levels. By the end of exam you will feel brain shouting and begging you not to read any more questions.
And if you smoke it will help you loose patience before exam. (for some it helps to concentrate more)
yes they will give you pads and pen. I just wrote question numbers on it so that I could return back to them later. It also helped to keep track of how many questions I left answered. I never had to calculate anything so do not worry about the calculator.
i ate idli in the morning 9 AM. Since its a cooked(no oil) food its healthy. Eat whatever you normally take. you will not feel hungry in between because of time pressure. But have breakfast.
And remember to enjoy 6 hours of your life...
2. Pencils will be provided. I don't think we were given scratch paper (and definitely not a dry erase board and pen), but you can write on the exam booklet. The dry erase thing may be something new with the CBT exam.
3. You should probably call your testing center ahead of time to find out the answer on this, cause it is going to depend on where you are testing. Some places have refrigerators you can use, some will actually provide you with free food and drinks, and some will give you little to work with at all.
Don't sweat it too much. Good luck...you got this.