Options

Personal Study Tips of a Time-Strained Cert-Seeker-Packet Pushers

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
A good blog post on certification studies from Packet pushers..not sure if anyone already posted this.

Let me start out by stating I am no expert with studying, and the art of study is different for everyone. However, I have come up with a couple of tips which have helped me go from 0 certifications to CCNA, CCNA Sec, CCNA Wireless and CCNP all in under a year while working and going to school full time. This post is equally a call to everyone to also comment/post your own tips for the community.

Personal Study Tips of a Time-Strained Cert-Seeker
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great article. The kid that wrote that article is only 20 years old...way to make me feel old lol
  • Options
    DrovorDrovor Member Posts: 137
    Great tips.. I'm pretty lax on my studying and should really make some adjustments. For WGU, I usually set a soft target when I want to take my exam and go from there. I read all the material and take a practice test or two and then go back through the material. When I think I am ready for the exam I go back to the practice exams and going over key areas, commands, etc.
  • Options
    Apollo80Apollo80 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The wording could use some work. While point #4 and #7 state contradictory concepts, I do agree with what I believe is the jist of these, which is reading, re-reading, and then practicing hands-on is a great method of retaining new material.
  • Options
    tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm glad they pointed out audio versions of the CBT nuggets. I typically listen to podcasts but I can easily fit a nugget in during my commute. I am trying to get back into the groove of learning and studying so any tips help.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com