Options

young man

needhelpmanneedhelpman Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
wuz up everyone
im 17 and i am bout to start college this fall and i was wondering if i could get some advice since you all have computer knowledge. i am desiring an (computer) occupation that makes at least 42000 right out of college. I want to know what field of computers would be best for me to confirm this desire of mine. by the way i have did an internship for computer repair and computer networking over the past couple of summers.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES
ALL THE WAY

Comments

• Options
    dmbfanatpsudmbfanatpsu Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I graduated with a BS in MIS from PSU. This might be a little off the path, but...........I would suggest getting as much experience as possible. Wether it be interenships, volunteer work, summer jobs....anything of that nature will benefit in the long run. Also, do some networking and make some contacts that you can use down the road. It won't matter what degree you have, if you don't have the experience you'll find it harder to find that 42,000 paying job right out of college.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    It won't matter what degree you have, if you don't have the experience you'll find it harder to find that 42,000 paying job right out of college.

Precisely. I'll be graduating in March and I'll have two solid years of experience by then, but I don't expect 42K a year right after college.

It would be nice though. icon_wink.gif