Options

woman in IT field

2»

Comments

• Options
    jd_mattosjd_mattos Member Posts: 134
    And as far as women in the IT field, I agree it is hot when good looking women as in the IT field.
    There are not many women in the IT field, and it is not because everyone in the IT field is sexist. Look at what areas of education that the majority on males and females excel in.
    It is just not as common for females to be into IT work. I have worked with many female techs, and some were good some were not, it has nothing to do with being female. There are good and bad male techs too.

Just keep at it and you will land a great IT job.

I got a Network/Systems/Security Admin job from pure experience. I got lucky I worked as a Telemtry Technician and our Network/Systems Admin would ask me to help him out a lot because of past experience, and come to find out he was leaving to another company. So he told the bosses that they should hire me for the job because I already knew how it was all setup and I showed my knowledge on the job. So I got the job and now my company pays 100% for my University of Phoenix to finish my degree and any certifications and study material that I want. It worked out very well, and I was not even looking for an IT job at the time, I was learning aviation tehcnologies because we have a huge navy base here with a lot of aircraft, but I have been working as a IT Tech since I was 16. So I am back into my loved fimiliar IT environment.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Any I've seen were Bull Dykes...
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    xjx wrote:
    I got so many interviews, but no offers , now I am depressed icon_sad.gif

Thats good..That means your resume is fine, but you need to brush up on the interview process & people relations. Make people like you.

EDIT....Anyone notice the time people waste by complaining & arguing about nothing?

It reminds me of a guy who works hard & gets rich. While he was working hard & figuring how to play the game the way it is, everyone else was complaining about they way things are & the way it "should" be. Now he is rich & everyone else is looking for handouts & think they are entitled to some of his profits.. That is the difference between a succesful person & one who is always blaming someone else for their misery.
  • Options
    xjxxjx Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jd_mattos wrote:
    I work for a government contractor, and you don't Other advantages you can have are young age (because they only go back to 1icon_cool.gif,past military experience ( with honorable discharge), and lived in the same town for a long time.
    They can go thru very quickly and painlessly in certain cases.

Yes, clearence cost AVG 32k and year a half time :P
  • Options
    xjxxjx Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jd_mattos wrote:
    And as far as women in the IT field, I agree it is hot when good looking women as in the IT field.
    There are not many women in the IT field, and it is not because everyone in the IT field is sexist. Look at what areas of education that the majority on males and females excel in.
    It is just not as common for females to be into IT work. I have worked with many female techs, and some were good some were not, it has nothing to do with being female. There are good and bad male techs too.

Just keep at it and you will land a great IT job.

Thank you for your courage, I really need it today, because I did not get the call from the interview I went on Monday, I guess I have been eliminated again 

Maybe I should go for Software development or support; it might be easier for people to think about woman in IT 