640-802 Exam Tomorrow

aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
Sitting for the 640-802 exam tomorrow morning. I'm mostly relying on my experience but did go through a 5 day CCNA accelerated course recently for free using Cisco Learning Credits. Also, used Lammle's book to brush up on the topics I don't use often at my current job. Wish me luck!

Comments

• NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    Passed! Just barely though. 828/1000. I'm sure I could have scored higher with more study time but a pass is pass. Great feeling.

Trying to decide if I should go for the CCNP before CCVP. Voice is one of my specialties and I work with it much more than routing/switching.
  • cklap78cklap78 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey gratz to you, I'm taking mine in December. How many questions were there and what was your most difficult topic in the CCNA exam?
  • IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    aaron0011 wrote: »
    Passed! Just barely though. 828/1000. I'm sure I could have scored higher with more study time but a pass is pass. Great feeling.

Trying to decide if I should go for the CCNP before CCVP. Voice is one of my specialties and I work with it much more than routing/switching.

Is time really that big of a culprit for not taking the composite over the two-exam path?
    cklap78 wrote: »
    Hey gratz to you, I'm taking mine in December. How many questions were there and what was your most difficult topic in the CCNA exam?

50 Questions. My lowest percentage topic was 67% on Configure, verify, and troubleshoot basic router operation and routing on Cisco devices.
    Illumanati wrote: »
    Is time really that big of a culprit for not taking the composite over the two-exam path?

Everyone learns different so I can't say for sure. I prefer a single exam and have quite a bit of real world Cisco experience. Taking the composite was a no brainer for me.
  • IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    aaron0011 wrote: »
    Everyone learns different so I can't say for sure. I prefer a single exam and have quite a bit of real world Cisco experience. Taking the composite was a no brainer for me.

Congrats on your passing. I wish I had real world Cisco experience so *I* could take the composite too. icon_sad.gif
  • goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    NICe JOB!

Hope to join you CCNA folks next year.
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • BainBain Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!
    What's your next round of certification plans?
    Bain wrote: »
    Congratulations on the pass!
    What's your next round of certification plans?

Most likely CCNA Voice. I have a lot of experience with CUCM, Unity Connection, CUPS, etc. so it shouldn't be too difficult. Eventually I would like to get the CCNP Voice but it seems logical to get the CCNP Route/Switch first. CCNP Voice with experience is a six figure salary in most cases, which is my motivation for adding these certifications to my resume.

There really are a lot of options once you get the CCNA out of the way.
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats a pass is a pass regardless the score my friend! The voice track seems like your best bet since you work with it on a day to day basis.