Options

CCNP route study plan

techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have the Cisco Press 902 book and CBTNuggets. I'm planning on mainly using GNS3 with 2600 routers. I was thinking I should do CBTNuggets first then read the book. Sound like the correct order? Any other materials or suggestions?
Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)

Comments

• Options
    nehalemnehalem Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's the correct order IMO. Use CBTNuggets to get an overview/scope of the material, and then use the book to fill in the details. CBTNuggets/Book/GNS3 is a good combination and is enough IMO.
  • Options
    MoeeedMoeeed Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think you should go this way, this is how I did it.

#1 take 2 Topics, EIGRP and OSPF

Watch and make notes of CBT Nuggest

Do labs, and then read book if you are stuck.

If you have cbtnuggets, make sure you do the lab he is doing and then go back to the video to see if you are making mistakes.
  • Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree with both of them above. The order is great, the CBT will give you the overview and big picture of the entire course. However, like Moeeed said it's better to take a couple topics at a time and study from CBT->Book->Lab. Since htere are sooooo many details in each topic it's best to get them down cold before trying to add on another topic. And if the topic is new to you, like say BGP or IPv6, I would say stick with only that topic till you have it down.