Options

CCNA CBT Nuggets study question

SlayerXSlayerX Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am studying for my CCNA and starting with the CBT nugget videos. I read on the forums here that it is best to watch all the videos then after read the study books Odom or Lammle. My question is, when Jeremy gets into Cisco's command line and starts setting up the switch and or routers should I be doing them with him or only watching? I ask because I retain the information better by doing it myself, typing commands etc. and taking notes on paper for the command line doesn't help me remember them.

What do most people usually do?
1.watch the video
2. read the study books
3. go back and do the labs with Jeremy

All advice is helpful.

Comments

• Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think you answered your own question. "I ask because I retain the information better by doing it myself". So get in that command line and work along with him. Everyone has different ways of studying. Its about what you feel comfortable doing.
  • Options
    MusixaMusixa Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Admin. I also watched the video of Jeremy and it really helped me alot. He will let you know the basic knowledge that you want to know in networks. CBT nuggets usually have configurations which I suggest that you do it with him. Do configs while you're watching so you understand the topic well. When you're done with all the videos, then you can proceed with your book studying.

What do most people usually do?
    1.watch the video
    2. read the study books
    3. go back and do the labs with Jeremy

What I did is:
    1. Watch the video while doing labs with Jeremy
    2. Read the study books and write a reviewer (reviewer is optional though)
    3. Rescan the topics of what you think is needed to.
  • Options
    SlayerXSlayerX Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Studying this material is new to me, so I thought there was a certain way everyone studied. I don't want to get ahead of myself on the material.

Thanks Musixa, great advice :)
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Way I did it as if I was in a class listening to a lecture I copied all the notes and illustrations from the videos to review over after watching the videos. Read the book (I used chris bryant ccna guide) take notes of each section explaining it in your own words. Review all of that then right down the list of topics and questions for yourself for ex: stp or how a packet moves from one host over the wan to the destination host. Then explain it to yourself out loud what it does and how it works. If you have trouble explaining it to yourself then read it over again until it makes sense. Then rewatch the videos and follow a long with the labs having a dual screen is great for this. Then you do the same lab from the video on your own. Then do it again. Then start adding labs from the cisco books wash and repeat.
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also wanted to add if you are able to explain what everything does and how things work you'll be able to nail most junior/entry network interviews.
  • Options
    TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    How i am doing is

First Watch TrainSignal videos and takes important notes down to paper
    second, i read the book, highlight the important points, write down in a paper.
    third, I put all my review notes together, and go over a couple of times. That helps me to skip not important stuff when i am reviewing it.
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)
  • Options
    IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't forget, review, review, review. I can't stress that enough. Learn the material to the point where you can actually teach it. I know I can't afford to be shelling out money everytime I fail an exam so I'm making sure I know the stuff like the back of my hand before taking the test.
  • Options
    mohamedshajidmohamedshajid Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think Turk-FX made a good point over there probably write down separate notes and combine it together to finalize the notes also known as theories. :D it's great bro.
    [2013] CCNA Cert Exam @IBM Premier Campus in Sri Lanka
    + Reading Todd Lammle CCNA 7th Edition, CCENT Cert Dummies
    I'm totally afraid of heard strange word of cisco
    + Next Career - Red Hat Linux Networking And CCNA: Security (2013 Before June)