Options

I like the area of web developer.

lmxlmx Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
which is or are the languages ​​most in demand for the area of Web Developer and where should I start Server sidr, or client side. thanks for you Advice guys in special to JDmurray.

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    You're going to be looking at learning HTML (HTML5 is in high demand in this day and age) and CSS as your first stops. Know them, love them, use them. After that, you'll probably want to make sure you have a firm grasp on JavaScript. Traditionally, most front-end scripting for browsers has been done in JavaScript.

After that, you're looking at going server-side with a language like PHP, ASP.NET, or something like Ruby on Rails. What to study here really depends on your focus. If you want to stick with open-source technologies, then PHP on Apache is going to be the way to go. If you want to take advantage of Microsoft's .NET framework, then learning ASP.NET, either VB.NET or C#, all running on IIS is going to be your best bet. There is no "best" technology here, just what you prefer and like working with. Oh, and regardless of what you end up doing on the server-side, it's probably a good idea to get familiar with database concepts and a little bit of SQL, since databases are going to be a big part of your life if you're on the back-end building your site from scratch.

And then there's front-end, content and layout management tools. In the past, people would use big applications like DreamWeaver to tie it all together and manage their content. Microsoft has a tool called Visual Web Developer, which is part of the Visual Studio family, as their tool of choice. In recent years, WordPress has taken off in a big way, and I can't think of a single web designer I know right now that doesn't use it or at least has it in their bag of tricks. Then there are tools like Joomla and Drupal, both of which fall squarely into the category of content management, but I'm afraid I haven't worked with either of them and can't tell you much more than what you'd find on their websites.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    +1 for slowhand's response. Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers