Options

Totally blown out of the water by the 70-685 :(

Sat the 685 today, got a 586 score icon_sad.gif
Absolutely gutted.

This was a totally different exam to my previous attempt and was on a different planet with regards dificulty.

Totally blown out of the water with the testlets and case studies.

I have put in an enormous amount of studies for this using:
70-685 MS Press Training Kit.
Darril Gibson Book 70-685/686
Transcenders 70-685.

None of the above came anywhere near :)

I reckon I'm about 6 questions off.

I don't really need to do this exam but thought the qualification would be nice.

I have only to 70-647 to go to finish the MCITP:EA

My present feelings are: If you don't work in a massive enterprise organisation, self-study of these exams is waste of time and effort as you won't have the necessary experience or knowledge.

Would you agree that if I can't pass this, the 647 is impossible?

Microsoft needs to be consistent with its standard of questions on such exams.

Look forward to your views as my morale has hit an all-time low.

Comments

• Options
    KenCKenC Member Posts: 131
    Bad luck, now is not the time for decisions. The sting needs to come out of the fail yet.
    I reckon I'm about 6 questions off.
    I'd say you are a lot more than that - you need to be aiming higher than the minimum pass mark. My general rule, for any test questions you've done in your studies, you should be able to explain why the correct answer is correct and why the other answers are incorrect.
    My present feelings are: If you don't work in a massive enterprise organisation, self-study of these exams is waste of time and effort as you won't have the necessary experience or knowledge.
    I wouldn't say it is a waste of time, but it certainly makes things a heck of a lot more difficult.

I think networking and network troubleshooting questions for the more basic CompTIA and MS exams best illustrate this. If you are learning networking, these questions can be difficult; if you are used to setting up and troubleshooting basic SOHO LANs, you pretty much know the problem and therefore the solution right away.

There is no substitute for experience. Having said that, some of the questions can catch even the more experienced people out. Which leads me to wonder, are you sure you understood what the question was asking? I know I've had test questions where none of the answers would mimic what I would do in a real-world scenario.

Never give up.

Ken