Confused about exam codes and in need of clarification.

DomesticDomestic Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I am planning over the course of the next six months to sit the A+, Network+ and Security+ exams.

In order to qualify for the A+ Certification I understand I must pass both the 220-801 and 220-802 exams.
When it comes to Network+, is it better to take the JK0-019 or N10-005 exam? The JK0-019 is less than half the cost of the N10-005 at Pearson Vue.
When it comes to Security+, is it better to take the JK0-018 or SY0-301 exam? Once again the JK0 test is a lot cheaper.

Sorry if this is a silly question but I just wanted to get it sorted out so I could start studying, thank you.

Comments

• Santa_Santa_ Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't quote this on me, but I got this from another forum. Another member there asked the same question about the JK0-018 and SY0-301

"The JK exams are something to do with formal tuition. I think they are only available from certain institutions (I assume they proctor the exams themselves rather than using an exam provider). I'm not sure if this option would even be available to you.

So, SY0-301 FTW. "
  • cbalkcomcbalkcom Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Domestic: The JK0 codes for CompTIA exams are only useable by academic member institutions and their students, and yes, they are at a discount. But if a non-academic registrant tries to register for an exam using a JK0 number (and price), at the last moment in the payment process, s/he will be advised that s/he is not eligible to register using that number. (You have to be registering as a CompTIA academic member.)
  • DomesticDomestic Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you Santa_ and cbalkcom, appreciate the help.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Welcome to the forums Domestic.

You're correct that you need to pass both the 801 and 802 exams to get the A+ certification.

cbalkcom is giving you great info on the exam code (JK0 vs N10 or JK0 vs SY0).

Assuming you're eligible for both, you won't see any difference in the actual exam. In other words, there aren't separate easier test banks for one exam over the other exam code.

Good luck.