Options

CEH exam code differences?

noobmoonnoobmoon Banned Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all.
I started a self-study for CEH, I am still not sure whether to attend any official training, coz i already have more that 2 yrs security experience.

Now i see that i can schedule the exam through Prometric and Pearson VUE.
I discovered that the exam numbers are not the same for those who attended official courses with those who are going the self-study path.
EC1-350, EC0-350 and 312-50 are all about CEH... but are they the same.
I understand that the material to prepare them is the same, but is it the same questions.. or they are different but from the same pool.

I wanted to know, because if there are different questions for those going through official training than those self-study guys, there might be different dificulty level for different exam codes.

At the diploma, does it state the exam code?

Thanx

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    From the EC-Counsil Web site:

Exam Code
    The exam code varies when taken at different testing centers.

• Exam 312-50v7: Web based ‘Prometric Prime’ at Accredited Training Centers (ATC).
    • Exam EC0-350: Proctored test at Authorized Prometric Testing Centers (APTC) globally.
    • Exam 312-50v7: VUE Testing centers

I would assume the testing center you took the CEH exam at does not appear on the CEH certificate.
  • Options
    Thax for the replay JDMurray

But do they have the same questions?
  • Options
    Thanx for the replay JDMurray

I was wondering if anyone knows whether the exam questions are the same, no madder whether you are using Prometric, Pearson VUE or APT.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Each CEH exam is drawn from the same pool of exam items. The exam version number (CEHv6, CEHv7, etc.) is the indication of a difference in exam item pools. When you register for the CEH exam, you do not indicate if what kind of training you did.
  • Options
    QuantumstateQuantumstate Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    "no madder"
    {snigger}
  • Options
    that's the smartest u can say??? lol... u r a d*** as*