Options

Another pass.

chaser7783chaser7783 Member Posts: 154
I just got back from taking the Sec+ exam and passed. It was my first comptia exam and can't say the wording was my favorite but most wrong answers were obvious to eliminate. I used Darril Gibson's book as well as his ios app to help prepare for the exam. Both were great materials and cover all you will need to know to pass the exam.

Now off to celebrate by brewing a batch of beer! icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    On a MissionOn a Mission Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations chaser!! That's awesome!!icon_thumright.gif

Thanks for sharing what you used to pass.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass. Glad to hear the book and the app helped.

Good luck on your next adventure.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    djlombadjlomba Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats.

what app? where can i get it?
  • Options
    chaser7783chaser7783 Member Posts: 154
    found the info off Darils blog and it pointed me to this site: CompTIA Security+ SY0-301 Mobile App on iPad, iPhone, Android Phone and Android Tablet

You can also search "comptia" in the App store and find it.
  • Options
    kelvinneatkelvinneat Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hello Chaser, please can you help with any of the Darril Gibson's book in pdf, i dont have enough money to buy , am saving money for the exam fee, currently readying any some security book but i would love to ready the Darril Gibson's book if you can assist with the soft copies. i will appreciat your assistance. you can reach me on kelvincool4u@yahoo.com.
  • Options
    kelvinneatkelvinneat Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    @djomba. You can also search the App store for LearnZapp.
    kelvinneat wrote: »
    hello Chaser, please can you help with any of the Darril Gibson's book in pdf, i dont have enough money to buy , am saving money for the exam fee, currently readying any some security book but i would love to ready the Darril Gibson's book if you can assist with the soft copies. i will appreciat your assistance. you can reach me on kelvincool4u@yahoo.com.

Sorry, but there isn't a PDF version available. I chose to keep the price low on the book and make the Kindle version available for only $9.99.
  • Options
    it says it doesn't work with ios 6.0.1 which i recently updated to.

will there be an update soon?
  • Options
    removed unnecessary quote of previous reply

Thanks for letting me know. I've just queried the programmers at LearnZapp to see if they're close to having the update done.

I'll keep you posted.

removed unnecessary quote of previous reply

It's on the way. The folks at LearnZapp submitted an update on Thursday, Nov 8th. Apple takes about 10 to 15 days to review the updates and approve them.
  • Options
    @djlomba, the update to the practice test question app mentioned by chaser7783 has been approved by Apple. This app now works for iOS 6.0.1.

Good luck no matter what materials you use.
  • Options
    Thanks Darril. I am getting the app now.
  • Options
    WordProfessionalWordProfessional Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's good news and assume after getting this you probably trying to get the Comptia network so you will be working with network topologies and cloud support