Another Bloody TLG question

RoyalTechRoyalTech Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
[FONT=&quot]I asked a similar question in a previous post but my setup has changed a little with the addition of a second NIC so I'm starting a new post

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My setup consists of two PCs, each with two physical ethernet adapters. PC1 has a single i7-3820, 3 128GB SSDs and 32GB of RAM. PC2 has two Xeon5472 CPUs, 8GB of RAM, and 2 250GB HDDs.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I want PC1 to hold my own personal OS as well as host the VMs for the test lab. I want PC2 to house a stand-alone 2008R2 & manage the VMs on PC1.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have currently got one Linksys router connected to a main Verizon router (signal extender compatibility reasons) for my home network. I have got a second Linksys router that is currently not in use.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My thoughts are that I should hook up the second router either as a switch on its own(my first guess) or by connecting it to the first linksys router to give it internet access and use it for the test lab. I would then connect each PC to each router using the two ports on each. I am not sure if this is the best way to allow internet access to the VMs while keeping the two networks separate for the majority of the time.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I think this would enable me to have the server talk to the VMs and allow internet access to both machines as well as the VMs when needed.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'd like to know if I am on the right track for this TLG set up and if it isn't, what I should be doing. I would also like to know if the physical server on PC2 should be on of the machines in the test lab of if I should keep it separate and create all the test lab machines as VMs?

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sorry for the War & Peace post and thanks in advance.
[/FONT]