Options

CCNA Exam

darasdaras Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

Is it easier to break the CCNA exam into ICND1/2 or its not worth it ?

Also i would like to know where can i find packet tracer labs for each module

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Unless you have been in a network engineering role for quite some time I would take the CCNA exam in both parts. It will help you grasp the concepts better.
    As for packet tracer labs, I am sure you can find some on google. I believe Todd Lammle provides some with his CCNA book, dont hold me to that though.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I would rather take one test than two personally and don't see much point in breaking it up. You have to learn all the material regardless. When I did the CCNA I just studied both topics and took the composite and got it over with. You won't end up with the CCENT certification, but I don't think it's very marketable and once you have the CCNA it's irrelevant anyway.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1 test or 2 tests is usually based on personal preference and confidence with yourself in the study material. As for Packet Tracer, you must be a Cisco Networking Academy student or Alumni to download & use Packet Tracer. Here's a link from Cisco -

Cisco Networking Academy - Cisco Systems

hth
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    I did the two exam path. My reasoning was that I did not feel comfortable studying and testing on all the material at once. I wanted to take my time and focus on one half at a time so as to ease my way into Cisco, and the technology in general. Either way works though
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi