Options

Subnetting Secrets

SlayerXSlayerX Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
Alright, so I have looked at most all of the subnetting forum posts on here and even the sticky. But I am horrid at math. So I came across this website and found this youtube video.

Subnetting Secrets
Subnetting Secrets - YouTube

I am wondering is this accurate enough to write down and use on the CCNA test? meaning will this chart help me answer all the Subnet questions on the CCNA.
I am also aware that I will have to reverse these to binary for some questions.
I noticed it is very easy to fallow and use but I have had trouble using it for subnettingquestions.com
Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Correct me if I am wrong on anything here please.
So far the subnetting is the hardest part for me to grasp and I understood what Jeremy did in CBT nuggets but I have halted all of my studying time and have been focusing on subnetting because I understand this makes or breaks your score on the tests.

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    There's a lot of ways to do subnetting! All that matters is that you come up with the right answer every time. Everyone has their on 'ah ha!' moment when it comes to subnetting; It's a lot of math.

You're going to need to get practice. That's where your way comes into play. As long as you figure out the right numbers, it doesn't matter.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Reck_Reck_ Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Study the basics by heart and do not distract your concentration on answering each question in a speedy way.Dicipher each question and try to understand what is being asked .Your accuracy will earn points, not how fast you click the next button. Getting the basics of subnetting is our gateway to vlsm and route summarization, so I think this topic should not be under estimated.And your right-Focus.

One tip for subnettingquestions.com. When I was preparing for the exam I limit my self to 5 questions/day. Why ? Because I end up memorizing the answer as I see the question which does not help me think and solve the problem.

To make it short... After grabbing the subnetting basics, Practice is the secret of subnetting.

Goodluck