CISSP Passed

MaxczMaxcz Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to drop a few lines here to thank everyone who played a part in helping me pass CISSP by sharing their stories and study plans.
I took the CBT at a local Pearson Vue center.

My background :

12 year IT experience
System Administrator
Network Administrator
Penetration tester in blackbox scenario
Financial application Subject Matter Expert / Business Analyst
MCITP/MCTS/MCSE/Security+

Study Material :
-Shon Harris AIO 5th Ed. ( read it once fully then did the end of chapter tests a few times to get a good grasp of the question styles more than anything. )

-1 week CISSP preparation course given at my employers premises by professionals. ( I was all psyched about this one until I realized the prep class was basically to go over the AIO book. Althought it did give me a different insight on the material, this class did not bring that much value add. )

-Paid subscription to CCCure quiz. I believe this is what got me the most for my buck in terms of perparation. ( Special thanks to Clement Dupuis )

-This very site. The insight brought by people's memoirs and study plans really helped me sink how hard this test would be.

How was it:

As per the NDA, I will obviously not comment the question content.
I can however confirm the following. As stated by previous certifiees, be ready for double negations and tricky wordings.
I finished the test relatively fast, ( 170 minutes ) and most importantly, I did not review anything at all.
I am a firm believer that if you know, you know. And if you dont, you dont. :)
Reviewing would have only added to uncertainty and I did not want to get into that pyschological mindset.
That being said, please do not follow this path unless you have a similar personality. Countless people mark their questions for review either due to uncertainty or because they feel another question later in the test may infer better insight on the ones they weren't sure about.

Feel free to ask any questions. I am not sure what else to put in here considering there are already dozens of similar threads.

I would however close in saying that my biggest asset was cccure. It truly helped me identify my weakest domains which helped targetting focus areas which I needed to spend more time on.

Next up. The wonderful world of GIAC certs.

Comments