Options

credentials ?

xjxxjx Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
what is it and how it works with network?

sorry, I am new to this, a lot questios icon_sad.gif

thanks

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Ask all the questions you want. Are you using a book or other study material? You are working on the preplogic practice questions, right? It's wise to do some reading and studying before using practice exams.

Anyway, to answer your question: assuming you are referring to user credentials, that's basically the username and password or other identification and authentication info that is sent over the line or entered in a logon box.
  • Options
    xjxxjx Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    Ask all the questions you want. Are you using a book or other study material? You are working on the preplogic practice questions, right? It's wise to do some reading and studying before using practice exams.

Anyway, to answer your question: assuming you are referring to user credentials, that's basically the username and password or other identification and authentication info that is sent over the line or entered in a logon box.

I do have two network+ books (exam cram and thomson )and prelogic exam study( it came with the voucher I bought),those exam questions have a lot mistakes.(at least I think icon_rolleyes.gif )

I studied both books , then I try to do all the exam questions, if I have problem with the answers, I will look back to the book and restudy,but none of them talk about Credentials with tokens when attach network resources ?

thanks, Jun
  • Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    If you have the the thompson's Network+ Guide to Networks by Tamara Dean, I can vouch that is an awesome book. I stepped into networking without knowing anything about networking. That book provided me with a handful of information.

It was recommend to me by my college professor. Anyways, don't feel discouraged when you take that practice questions provided with the thompson book, it's harder then the CompTIA exam. On average, I only got 75% of the questions right. Once in awhile I got 80 - 85%.

Also more info on creditials.
    It's "What you are", "What you have" or "What you know" to prove that you are who you say you are so you can get access to the resource you should be able to have access to.

Examples:

What you are aka biometrics
    -eye scans, hand scans. Something that defines you.

What you have
    -Token, USB authentication key, smart card, etc..

What you know
    -username, passwords, etc..

Credentials doesn't mean one thing, it can be a combination of things for more security.

Hope that helped :)
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.