70-290 Query

markgaskellmarkgaskell Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
I want to start the study for my 70-290 exam. I have light experience with adding / configuring users, configuring permissions etc in an active directory environment, the thing that is the most important is the book and practice exams that you get with the book. I want to use
MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-290): Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2003 Environment at http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/5431.asp. If people have used this what do you recon, it has a 4star rating on the Microsoft site, but like I said, are the practice tests going to give you a good idea of the exam. I'm just after advice and what areas to really hit hard on. Another question, would having one resource like the above mentioned and using this site, in peoples experience with this exam be enough???

Thanks in advance
Mark

Comments

• gbhpboygbhpboy Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used the MSPress book for 290, and found it very good, and did all of the practices, which were useful. I used Exam Cram 2 as well and hit this very hard for my revision.
    The tests in the MSPress in my opinion looked a bit dated, but they are okay. Got MeasureUp and Transcender tests as well and used them a lot. Transcender explanations are brilliant.

good luck with your studies, Mark
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    I use the exam cram books because they lay a good foundation for the exam, but i also found its not enough. You will need multiple sources for the 290. Combine Exam cram/techexams/microsoft products and you should be ok.