Options

Is there any need for A+ Certification?

imtetwa1imtetwa1 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is it neccesary to study A+ certification when you already have a Degree in Computer Science .Guys i need your advice icon_confused.gif:
Exert your talents, and distinguish yourself, and don't think of retiring from the world, until the world will be sorry that you retire.

Comments

• Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi,

I have a degree in Computer Science and I obtained my A+ certification about 3 months prior to graduating. I will say that I got mine because a lot of entry level IT jobs require A+.

If you want to get into Software development than I would say no. Even though most software development jobs require some sort of experience to make a decent amount of money.

Another thing to keep in mind. I've noticed that most IT jobs require a Computer Science degree (Or similar field) plus certifications to be considered for the job. It's funny, a good friend of mine works a help desk for a very big corp (Symantec Corp.) and he has a degree in Computer Science. He says that he applies none of what he did in college to his everyday job icon_lol.gif

It all depends what job you want to seek. Good luck with whatever you choose.
  • Options
    imtetwa1imtetwa1 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_lol.gif Thank you for the advise .I have passed hardware core last Friday .Now I am working on the OS.I hope to make it in a months time icon_lol.gif
    Exert your talents, and distinguish yourself, and don't think of retiring from the world, until the world will be sorry that you retire.
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    Having your A+ can get you in lots of different places, if you have difficulties landing a job in software dev, you can always go work as a board swapper with your A+ until you get something better going. Gotta eat icon_thumright.gif
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p