ccna exploration netacad

lunchbox67lunchbox67 Member Posts: 132 ■■■■□□□□□□
This course is in 4 parts.
Is it split such that parts A and B are ICND1 materials and the C and D parts are ICND2 or is it just straight CCNA?

Thanks

Comments

• JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    fundamentals, routing, switching, wan iirc.
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's basically how I remember it. I probably could have passed ICND1 after Cisco Discovery and ICND2 after Exploration. I didn't on account of getting a job (and therefore getting lazy) but if I had applied myself at the time it would have been doable.
  • willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    From what I've heard, the Exploration Material doesn't break up into INCD1 and INCD2 like the Discovery Material. I'm currently in the Routing Basics course and have passed the Networking Fundamentals. From what I've heard, after you pass the last class, you get a discount voucher for the Composite Exam.
  • boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think maybe I got my terminology confused because of the way my school names it. The course I took covered (in order):

Network Fundamentals
    Routing Protocols and Concepts
    LAN Switching and Wireless
    Accessing the WAN

I'm pretty sure my school referred to the first two classes as CCNA Discovery and the second two classes as CCNA Exploration. But looking at Cisco's website it looks like all 4 courses were part of CCNA Exploration. So to answer the OP's question, the way I remember the courses, the first two were more geared towards ICND1 and the second two towards ICND2.