Options

CISCO change its curriculum? IPV4 to IPV6

kambalpogikambalpogi Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
My professor told me that CISCO will change it's curriculum and will migrate to IPV6 (region Asia-Pacific). As far as I know USA,Europe already migrated to IPV6(correct me if I'm wrong). I'm just curious I'm planning to take my CCNA exam this march will it affect the test that will be given? It will be pure IPV6 or something else?
Thanks !

Comments

• Options
    m3zillam3zilla Member Posts: 172
    I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe it's true in Asia, but it would be silly for them to change the curriculum to IPv6 considering most companies in the US doesn't even have an IPv6 presence.
  • Options
    mohamedshajidmohamedshajid Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just think bro IPV4 also same as IPV6 probably there is no difference between them unless 32 bit and 128 bit :) but ipV6 is not growth than IPV4 so still you can do with IPV4 indeed. Everything you have to know IPV6 is faster than IPV4 because IPV6 using traffics are lower than v4 that's why. :)
    [2013] CCNA Cert Exam @IBM Premier Campus in Sri Lanka
    + Reading Todd Lammle CCNA 7th Edition, CCENT Cert Dummies
    I'm totally afraid of heard strange word of cisco
    + Next Career - Red Hat Linux Networking And CCNA: Security (2013 Before June)
  • Options
    Thank you for all your reply :)
    I'm just wondering if it will be implemented will it also affect the CCNA exam?
    In my opinion it will be a huge migration if it will be implemented
  • Options
    Reck_Reck_ Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

indeed,a lot of changes in IPv6 like Datagram (packet) Format, Adressing Format (notation and representation), Address Types, Size and Address Space and a lot of topics that I think will be the main interest of every IT guys in the next 5-10 years.

As for the exam, the blue print clearly states what "is likely" to be asked in the exam, so be sure that you have read the topics in IPv6 in your CCNA prep book of choice.

Goodluck
  • Options
    Thank you sir !
  • Options
    Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
    Just think bro IPV4 also same as IPV6 probably there is no difference between them unless 32 bit and 128 bit :) but ipV6 is not growth than IPV4 so still you can do with IPV4 indeed. Everything you have to know IPV6 is faster than IPV4 because IPV6 using traffics are lower than v4 that's why. :)

Sorry, but no. There is a lot more different than just address sizes. Just off the top of my head, IPv6 doesn't have broadcasts like IPv4 does. I haven't gotten that deep into IPv6 yet, but going in with that assumption will just hurt you in the end.
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just think bro IPV4 also same as IPV6 probably there is no difference between them unless 32 bit and 128 bit :)

Totally incorrect - You'll find that out in your Cisco studies.
  • Options
    I dunno, personally, once I got over the initial shock of IPv6, it's all the same to me.
  • Options
    Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
    m3zilla wrote: »
    I dunno, personally, once I got over the initial shock of IPv6, it's all the same to me.

In the end, sure, a packet still gets to its destination in the same pathway as before. It is just handled a little differently. We are just saying, they are not EXACTLY the same as was previously mentioned.
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    wait a tick.....wth is IPv6?
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    In the end, sure, a packet still gets to its destination in the same pathway as before. It is just handled a little differently. We are just saying, they are not EXACTLY the same as was previously mentioned.

What I'm saying is that it's not all that different. You mentioned there's no longer broadcast, but is there really a difference between a broadcast and a all node multicast?