Options

Educational Crossroad

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
As most of you know I have been accepted to graduate school for a Masters in Information Systems. Currently I am set to start in the Spring, but I am questioning the value in getting the MSIS. My school offers another program, a Masters in Library and Information Science with a concentration in Competitive Intelligence and Knowledge Management. This has caught my eye as it is a very interesting program, ranked very high in the country, and offers a bit of a change for me education wise. They offer an option to come out with two Masters (one in IS and one in LIS), but given that I only receive $8000 a year for education it would take forever to complete. I was set to change, but then a wrinkle was thrown in by my counselor. I need to follow up with him, but he stated that they had evaluated my transcripts and waivered the three required distribution courses. I suspect that since I had a concentration in Computer Security for my undergraduate degree and took all the same courses they offer that is why they were waivered. I need to follow up in that I'm not sure if that means I just need to complete the foundation courses and then I would be done. If that's the case, it would mean only have to take ten courses for my Masters.

My thought is cool get done earlier, but at the same time I question how much more about technology I will learn. Also, I tend to believe a lot of things I could pick up on my own through self study. Thoughts?
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments