Study guides

flytedflyted Inactive Imported Users Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
I can't find a Mike Meyers passport version of Network+ 2005 objectives. So I'm either left with the expensive all-in-one version OR get the Exam Cram 2 Network+ , and also the Exam Cram 2 2005 practice questions book.

Which way to go?
Thanks

Comments

• flytedflyted Inactive Imported Users Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Due to the overwhelming number of responses, I'll post a reply to my own question. I decided to get both the Exam Cram 2 prep book and the practice questions book. Total for both was $38, not bad. I'll let you know how I like them after I get a ways through them.
  • johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    I checked out the ExamCram2 book for CCNA, free via Safaribooks online membership I get from work, there was sooooooooooo much missing material it wasnt even funny. Not saying that your Net+ book will be like that though. When I did my Net+ many moons ago all I used was the Sybex book, but it was also the first year the Net+ was available and I think that was the only book available at that time.

Good luck!
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • dunnkw11dunnkw11 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i went and purchase the exam cram2 n+ question / answer book. i notice
    alot of the question's had the wrong answer. be careful.
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Personally I refuse to use Exam Cram books. I dont know who they have writing there books but they leave out important information.

My Recommendations: Sybex, who may get WORDY sometimes, is a very indepth book that covers everything. And provide you with the information you need. And it seems there are author are a little more down to earth and dont throw technical jargon at you every second to confuse you. And All-in-1 which provide you with lots of pictures which is helpful. They also cover all of the bases.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Crams are written for just that purpose, cramming. They aren't intended to be a full-blown study guide. You should use them after using the full guide. Crams should only be good enough to tell you where your weak areas are, and the fact that you can recognize that there are mistakes in the questions and a shortage of info in some areas, is a good indication that you are well on your way in your exam prep.

I've used both the Passport and ExamCram2 in studies and found that they lead me to look further and really reinforce the gain in knowledge.

It is amazing that the cost of paper and ink is so high(lol), but, the people that write these things, publish them, and sell them have to get their cut in order to stay in business. The cost is high, but do not skimp on study materials if at all possible.

Well, enough of my opinions. Good luck to all of you folks!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • xjxxjx Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dunnkw11 wrote:
    i went and purchase the exam cram2 n+ question / answer book. i notice
    alot of the question's had the wrong answer. be careful.

Even I am new to hardware stuff, I did found a lot wrong answers in that book too icon_sad.gif

Jun