Options

CCNA work schedule question

ARTNERDARTNERD Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All!

I am re-entering the tech field after a 6 year hiatus. I have a wonderful opportunity to take a 16-week CCNA prep exam course at the local college for free - all inclusive. And I will get college credit for the classes as well. However, I worked in a NOC for several years. The shift work (mainly third) played hell on my health. So much so that I vowed to never do shift work again. Here is my question for all you pros out there: Are all entry level CCNA jobs shift work? What are my chances of getting a daytime position? I am in a quandary.

Also - If I don't choose the CCNA path, I could also take free classes to learn Java which would allow me normal work hours. But having never been a programmer scares me that I don't have the aptitude for it....ex "math / logic genius".

Thank You in advance for any / all input!!

AT

Comments

• Options
    JasonITJasonIT Member Posts: 114
    I am not sure where you live currently, but most cases I know of work day shift. I work 8-4 Monday through Friday. Maybe help desk jobs in large companies or call centers would work multiple shifts. I think once you get into networking above the tier 1 level, you should be able to find day shift jobs. Most networking jobs do however involve on-call rotations and/or night or weekend shifts on occasion to do server upgrades or network changes during the company's off hours