CBTNuggets for less

Hey guys,

I just watched my first CBTNuggets video and I really like the quality of it. What I don't like is the $$$ I'll have to shelf out to buy more of them straight from CBTNuggets.

Do you know of any 3rd party software resellers, etc. where I could purchase these videos less.

Any replies much appreciated.

Comments

• Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    I have been looking for the same thing. The quality of the videos are good. And the information is valuable. They seem to have very good instructors.

I would like to know as well.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I doubt you'll find anything like that, but I may be wrong.
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    somebody that has already used them may be willing to sell the videos.
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • frankj1247frankj1247 Member Posts: 111
    If anybody out there is finished with their CBTNuggets CDs and needs some spare cash contact me, I could really use them in preparing for my MCSE.

I'm looking specifically for this package, but any close variation will due too.

MCSE 2003 Certification Package
    Contains Exam-Packs: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-297 & 70-228

Thanks
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    The CBTnuggets use "Single-User Version Licensing", which means it is illegal to resell them after you used them. This was a known issue a couple of years ago when people started reselling CBTnuggets thru eBay. CBTnuggets has asked me once to become a reseller for the European continent, so I know a bit about their rules. I don't make those rules, but just to remind you, it is against our forum registration terms to trade or resell software illegally.

I believe there are some 'offline' resellers, but online CBT nuggets is probably the only legal option. Your best bet for a discount is to join their (and our) mailing list as they, and we, frequently have special offers with up to 25-50% discounts. By using this link www.cbtnuggets.com/techexams to register or buy we get a very fair amount of the sales price.
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Thanks for the information WebMaster. Although CBTNuggets are very expensive, I think they are still worth the investment.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
    Chivalry1 wrote:
    Thanks for the information WebMaster. Although CBTNuggets are very expensive, I think they are still worth the investment.
    You're welcome :)

I don't think they are 'very' expensive. I agree it's a good amount of money, but compared to Learnkey they are very cheap, and they are just a couple of bucks more expensive than the TransTrainers (I like those too though). Based on the comments I've read and heard over the past 5 years, people either think CBTnuggets are very great, or just very bad. If you like their style, it's a very good product imo. I also like the fact they've always offered some decent-length free videos online. Even if you don't use or plan to buy them, it's still worth a visit to watch those.

Maybe I can do a promotion this week in our mailinglist as I mentioned in my previous post. I don't have much control over which products they'll offer a discount for though. I'll see if they have anything planned for this month...
    Webmaster wrote:
    Maybe I can do a promotion this week in our mailinglist as I mentioned in my previous post. I don't have much control over which products they'll offer a discount for though. I'll see if they have anything planned for this month...
    I guess I was wrong in my previous post, I 'do' have some control of which products :)

icon_exclaim.gif This week (Wed/Thu) I'll be sending out an offer in our InfoLetter (see option in user profile) for a 10% discount on all CBTNuggets. The message will contain a promotion code that will be valid till the end of September. It will be about the MCSA / MCSE 2003 package, but the code will be valid for any and all CBTNuggets you buy until the code expires.

E.g. the MCSE 2003 package already includes a discount compared to buying the 290,291 and other exams individualy. They don't offer discounts on these (the 10% is offered by us), so this is the cheapest way to get those packages. And you'll be supporting TechExams.net at the same time.

As this topic says: "CBTNuggets for less" :D