Options

New to IT certification, looking for some advice

pleasancepleasance Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello!

I'm looking to get into PC/desktop support soon, and then move on to something else, but not entirely sure on what I'd like to advance to. Maybe networking or advanced/enterprise support for specific applications and or services. I pretty much just plan on working a support role for the time being, and then just see where it takes me.

I currently work in customer support for a wireless carrier, handling billing and technical calls, so I'm getting some experience in a support related role, which is good. I only have one IT certification so far, and it's only the CompTIA Strata IT Fundamentals. I've been a geek my whole life, and have a basic foundation of pretty much everything. I've used endless amounts of platforms.. Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, BeOS, QNX, Palm OS, WebOS, Android, iOS, etc. I like learning how things work in general, and tinkering with them at times.

Now, with that being said, I've been looking into a lot of different certifications and read a lot of different posts on the site, and I think I'd like to take the Network+ exam or Microsoft MCSA: Windows 8. I think the MCSA would work out well for me? I would greatly appreciate any advice!

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A+, Network+, then 70-680 or the Windows 8 equivalent. There is a lot of Windows 7 deployed and Windows 8 is still in unknown right now. Don't wait to start applying for the jobs you want.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete