Options

A+ CORE

GoteezGoteez Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys.

I just completed an A+ class and learned things I didn't know before joining. There's one thing that this hard drive in my head won't retain, and that's the types of processors to types of sockets or slots. Is there any method to the madness? Is there a logical reason to these matches. To sit and memorize the socket to cpu sheet just is not working. If there was a foundation or basic guideline to understand these matches, I'd like to know to help me retain this info. If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

I take my A+ Core hardware on fri 7/29. Wish me luck, I'll take all I can get. icon_lol.gif

Thanks. Tony

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I don't know any special method, or acronym to remember the cpus and their respective sockets. I used this as my reference. I don't think I received a single socket to cpu question on my A+. I saw more troubleshooting questions than hardware identity or match questions.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    That's the chart I printed out. It seems that it is a great study guide, But, I just cannot retain the info. Thanks anyway Ricka182. Maybe it's just me. icon_rolleyes.gif Tony
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Best method I know to remember the stuff is to use it. Get your hands on old components and work with them. Sorry if you don't 'love' that answer, but that is what it takes (IMO).

There is a ton of old stuff out there - working and non-working. Sometimes even just holding two items side-by-side will help.

HTH
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I remember feeling the same way when studying for A+. But, as the others have said, there is just not "magic" way to do it. Just be sure that you know what the cpu looks like and what the associated socket looks like. And you can't look at all of them. There are just too many.

But, I don't remember but maybe one question of that type on my exam.

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    :D I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance!! Naaah, just kidding. I just memorized that socket to cpu list!!!!! It was not easy. I have heard from a bunch of peeps who have taken the a+test that they only saw one socket to cpu question on the test. Oh well, I know them now!!! BRING IT ON!!!!! icon_cheers.gif Thanks for the advice guys.

Tony