Options

When will the Technotes be upgraded to the 2005 standards?

flytedflyted Inactive Imported Users Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
The question has probably already been answered, but I missed it.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    They are currently being updated, bit by bit. I don't know yet when the final PDF guides will be released, but the first updated online HTML Network+ TechNotes (Media and Topologies) will be online soon (aiming for next week).
  • Options
    flytedflyted Inactive Imported Users Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply. Now that the only test option is for the 05 objectives, I didn't want to be studying things that were either no longer on the test or was different on the new test. Is this a total re-write or are the changes minor throughout the test? I got a copy of the comptia objectives, but not having taken the test, not sure about the effect of the changes.
  • Options
    The changes are fairly minor. They removed 10base2 and 10base 5, added several fiber optic ethernet specification including 10GigabitEthernet, and several new connection types. Added some more wireless topics, though still very basic. Added SCP, ieee 1394, and some other minor changes I can't remember from the top of my head on a Saturday evening. ;)
  • Options
    babamalik99babamalik99 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Will the buyers of the special edition have access to the updated version?
  • Options
    Will the buyers of the special edition have access to the updated version?
    If you haven't passed the exam yet before I finished updating the TechNotes, and you purchased it recently then yes, you can get the updated version for free. What 'recently' means and how long the free update offer will be valid will be determined when the TechNotes are available. There is not ETA yet for the updated TechNotes, so I'm not able to provide more details yet.

On a side note, the updated Media and Topologies online TechNotes will be online within a matter of days, probably tomorrow. A major portion of the total number of 2005 changes are in this section.

Also, CompTIA provides a PDF that shows the changes between the old and new exam objectives:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.comptia.com/certification/Network/objectives.asp