Options

which exam to use for icnd 1

beginner_ccnabeginner_ccna Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
ive got the boson exam from the cisco press book which im going through

is this exam enough practice for the real exam? ive heard the questions are harder then the real exam

Comments

• Options
    TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    it was the only exam i used, and i passed my ICND1
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Boson makes an excellent practice test. It's definitely structured in a way to ease your test anxiety (I had a lot of it). It grades like the real thing; Allows you to see your weak areas.

I used Boson for my ICND1/ICND2 studies. I'm glad I did, It made the difference with ICND2. I failed my ICND2 test and if you've taken any cisco exam before - Use the practice exam, measured my performance - switching sucked. Went back to the grind stone, passed the next week. I didn't use the included book practice test, so I don't know how that stands up. I do recommend the paid version if you have the cash. It's definitely worth the money.

Also: When you take the practice exams, Be careful about memorizing the answers. Ask this question for every question: "Why are the other answers incorrect?" If it's multiple choice; Why is A wrong, Why is B wrong, Why is D wrong. It's easy to recognize a keyword in the sentence and go straight for the answer. Especially with Syntaxes, fight this urge! I know, I caught myself multiple times even after saying this to other people :)

Good luck.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Boson makes an excellent practice test. It's definitely structured in a way to ease your test anxiety (I had a lot of it). It grades like the real thing; Allows you to see your weak areas.

I used Boson for my ICND1/ICND2 studies. I'm glad I did, It made the difference with ICND2. I failed my ICND2 test and if you've taken any cisco exam before - Use the practice exam, measured my performance - switching sucked. Went back to the grind stone, passed the next week. I didn't use the included book practice test, so I don't know how that stands up. I do recommend the paid version if you have the cash. It's definitely worth the money.

Also: When you take the practice exams, Be careful about memorizing the answers. Ask this question for every question: "Why are the other answers incorrect?" If it's multiple choice; Why is A wrong, Why is B wrong, Why is D wrong. It's easy to recognize a keyword in the sentence and go straight for the answer. Especially with Syntaxes, fight this urge! I know, I caught myself multiple times even after saying this to other people :)

Good luck.

ICND1 is the fun test..use anything to practice(i.e online subnettingques.com etc) and use the boson practice exams from the book's cd to pass.
    ICND2 is the real ccna test. buy the boson exam if you want to pass the first time else fail and then buy it...
    simple. use reverse osmosis to pass any exam(i.e do more questions and know why wrong answers are wrong..i.e study the concept and not the questions)

simple.
  • Options
    johnifanx98johnifanx98 Member Posts: 329
    Illumanati wrote: »
    ICND1 is the fun test..use anything to practice(i.e online subnettingques.com etc) and use the boson practice exams from the book's cd to pass.
    ICND2 is the real ccna test. buy the boson exam if you want to pass the first time else fail and then buy it...
    simple. use reverse osmosis to pass any exam(i.e do more questions and know why wrong answers are wrong..i.e study the concept and not the questions)

simple.

What is the real advantage of boson exam? Is it because its questions have similar complexity as CCNA, or, it helps you more at the concept level?
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Similar in Design, Complexity, Wording, Grading. It has simulations like the exam.

It gets you into the exam mindset, and prepares you for cisco's environment. Boson also has different tests, so you can mix and match questions (Answers can be random (A will be D, B, C, A next time). Mix questions to tailor to your weaknesses. Timed, non-timed... and there's more options to select and change.

Presentation wise, Boson is hands down the best. They do use a non-Cisco Press book for their answers so the questions may be more indepth or different as books aren't the same content wise. I think so, atleast.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams