johnifanx98johnifanx98 Member Posts: 329
as title

Comments

• Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    I thought it was a statement.
  • Options
    Hmmm. I'm gonna take my ccent in one and half hours . I hope I can see such a statement in a positive way on my score sheet...
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    good luck!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    good luck!

Just came back. Passed by 887. Hmm... The questions are easier than I expected. Very few simlets, testlets, thus I can finish it 20 minutes earlier. However, I got 0% at "identifying security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those threats.". Bang!
  • Options
    IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratz. Just review security topics again, it's probably just the finer details you missed.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats, johnifanx98
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just came back. Passed by 887. Hmm... The questions are easier than I expected. Very few simlets, testlets, thus I can finish it 20 minutes earlier. However, I got 0% at "identifying security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those threats.". Bang!

They are giving the CCENT away or more specifically, hoping you get ample interest in labbing icnd2 topics properly and sufficiently. FYI: I know a lot of CCENTs who never get their CCNA for the simple fact that it takes time to learn ALL the facets of ICND2 which is more of what you will be doing in a post.
  • Options
    IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Illumanati wrote: »
    They are giving the CCENT away or more specifically, hoping you get ample interest in labbing icnd2 topics properly and sufficiently. FYI: I know a lot of CCENTs who never get their CCNA for the simple fact that it takes time to learn ALL the facets of ICND2 which is more of what you will be doing in a post.

I wouldn't say they are giving it away, sure it may be easy for those who study properly. But for those who don't study, and don't have experience , will have a really hard time passing. Thus, it isn't given away. It's entry-level for a reason. And it's an "easy" test ( relatively speaking ) for the very same reason.
  • Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ismaeljrp wrote: »
    I wouldn't say they are giving it away, sure it may be easy for those who study properly. But for those who don't study, and don't have experience , will have a really hard time passing. Thus, it isn't given away. It's entry-level for a reason. And it's an "easy" test ( relatively speaking ) for the very same reason.

Well then I will not concede that it is entry level because Network + covers IP addressing and can also be considered entry-leel based on covering IP alone. Also, what actual experience do you need to pass ICND1, I cannot think of any else noone would pass who is entry-level.
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    So you had your subnetting down cold eh? How was it on the test? Hammer you with it or?
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?