Options

Been a while

TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've visited this site. It's really bloody tough studying for the CCIE. I was fully committed about a year ago but as often as it happens life gets in the way. I sat my CCIE written and managed to pass but then work forced me to go in a different direction, wireless and voice. During this time I put my CCIE plan on hold and started learning some new tech. It's really hard to get enough time to get stuck into this one. I went through INE's vol 1 completely a while ago and I'm starting to go through it again. It's surprising how many topics I've forgotten but at the same time some of the tasks seem a lot more intuitive this time around.

Maybe the second time through vol 1 can solidify some info but I'm still a fair way off from starting the vol2 labs. I'm just glad some of you guys have come a long way. It looks a few people here like NOC Ninja and jamesp1983 have done some ass kicking lately which really makes me happy. Hopefully I'll get enough downtime to tackle the beast but really there's no excuses... you either want it or you don't.

Comments

• Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome back! I too have been quiet since I started my new job, but I still ***** the forums every week. I've postponed my CCIE studies for a little while as I attempt to get settled into a new position as a Lead Network Engineer and make the transition from Service Provider to Enterprise.

I'm taking the long term view and will probably get serious about it in Q2 of next year, but for right now i'm enjoying not being consumed by studying all the time.
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome back! Have you followed Petr's plan? I've been doing that and it has really helped. I'm not as far as I would like to be because I missed some time when my son was born, but it was well worth it.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
    Not at all actually. I've decided to restart labbing from scratch as I'm pretty rusty. I've gone though INE Vol1 layer 2, RIP, EIGRP and OSPF so far. This is the second time around. Once I've done the core (I'll probably leave out security and services at the moment) I'll get started with the Vol 2 labs.