CEH test questions. (version 3 or 4?)

dissolveddissolved Inactive Imported Users Posts: 228
Well I'm scheduled to take the CEH this Friday. I purchased the EC Council book new off the web (not directly from EC council) and have read it in it's entirety.. I noticed it doesnt cover the additional modules (physical security and hacker methodolgies) that were recently added to the test. I also see that version 4 of the exam was released In April 2005, but version 3 will be offered until October 2005. How can I tell which one I signed up for? I dont want to be quizzed on modules I havent studied yet.

Any other pointers or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This doesn't answer your question, but which book did you buy?
  • dissolveddissolved Inactive Imported Users Posts: 228
    The one from amazon.com. Preparing for ECO-350 I think it was called. Ordered it last month
    yep, thats it.
    Would you happen to know if there is any Novell stuff on the test? I emailed EC but they didnt give me a clear answer on which version of the test I'm taking. I understand version 4 has no novell, added module 22 and added physical security.. Did the test you took have novell?

thanks

edit: I called prometric and they dont know which version of the test it is either
    Yes, the one I took had a Novell module.

If you're using that book as your primary study guide and have no prior experience with the tools and concepts outlined on EC-Council's site, I would seriously consider rescheduling.

I don't mean to discourage you, but I know the exam is expensive. That book doesn't even contain %20 of what you need to know to pass this exam. The bulk of the material for this exam is in the binders you get from EC-Council when you order the study guide.

Check out the CEH thread here.
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6939

Look at the first post. It contains a link to another thread, a link page, and the CEH information page. Check out all of that. Feel free to reply with any questions, I'll be sure to reply in case I can help out in any way.
    thanks for the feedback and link
    passed with an 85.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

Any words of wisdom for future CEH candidates?

Don't forget to update your profile:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/forums/profile.php?mode=editprofile
    Congratulations!

What material did you use to study for this?
    thanks fellas. this board definitely helped. i used the ec book, and experience from past jobs (have messed with security for about 3 years)

know the tools and how to (lightly) decipher payloads for an attack. typing from my phone. had to drive 2 hours into jersey to take this cert