Options

Starting WGU 1/1/13

Hey Guys,
Been waiting a while to post this here, but I am starting on 1/1/13 officially. I can't wait to get started either, I have been studying for the CCNA and some MCITP courses already as those seem to be the most difficult of the certs I will need to get. I have already taken CCNA course in High School many moons ago(2002) and have been working with win2008 server r2 for a while, so i feel confident.

I am still waiting for a transfer eval, but i got in due to my resume. It took about 2 weeks for them to get to reviewing it for me, and finally today i found out it was approved. Should be another week or so to get my transfer eval back but i wont have a whole lot that does transfer as I didnt finish my AAS.

Anyways I just wanted to let everyone know.

Thanks,
Santaowns

Comments

• Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @santaowns - Congrats and welcome to WGU! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats and welcome!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    NemowolfNemowolf Member Posts: 319 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Conga rats and i am starting 1/1/13 with you! Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    Was told they actually have someone assigned to my transcript now, but did not get any word back to what has transferred yet. Maybe it will come tomorrow.

Awesome nemowolf maybe we can help each other out.
  • Options
    pixa241pixa241 Member Posts: 207
    santaowns wrote: »
    Was told they actually have someone assigned to my transcript now, but did not get any word back to what has transferred yet. Maybe it will come tomorrow.

Awesome nemowolf maybe we can help each other out.

I plan on trying to go for that date as well. I am working towards my AA right now but am thinking about just transferring out to WGU right now. I have 40 credits completed right now, how many did you have to transfer?
    WGU Complete: September 2014
  • Options
    NemowolfNemowolf Member Posts: 319 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pixa,

I think it was 46 units transfered, my sig has the specific classes. I have around 76 or so from start to finish.
  • Options
    Pixa i had about the same as you, forgive me i dont have my transcript handy.
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Congrats on joining WGU! I too am destined for starting on 1/1/13 myself.
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @Nemowolf - welcome to WGU! icon_thumright.gif

@Devilry - I see you are an old TE hand - great that you decided to take the plunge finally - welcome to WGU! icon_cheers.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    @pixa out of all of my credits, one class transferred, but i only had taken tech classes and 2 general ed classes so that may be why.

I have a phone interview with my ec to finish up on tuesday. All seems to be on track for the 1/1 start.
  • Options
    tycar86tycar86 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am starting 1/1/13 too! Congrats.
  • Options
    dcren21dcren21 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @santaowns - Congrats on the acceptance. I started on 8/1/12 and I love it so far. Haven't had any setbacks so far and it's going smoothly. Hope everything goes well for you.
    WGU B.S. IT - Security (Start Date 8/1/12) : Transferred | Required | In Progress | Completed
    AGC1 BBC1 LAE1 LUT1 QBT1 INT1 BVC1 RIT1 INC1 CUV1 BOV1 GAC1 HHT1 DHV1 CSV1 QLT1 IWC1 IWT1 DJV1 KET1 TPV1 CVV1 CJV1 KFT1 SBT1 RGT1 CTV1 CNV1 CQV1 COV1 AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1 MGC1 BNC1
  • Options
    Joedoc164Joedoc164 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Starting 1-1-13 as well. Just finished the last interview today.
    Bachelors of Science: Information Technology
    Transferred: AGC1, BBC1, LAE1, QBT1, LUT1, GAC1, HHT1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1 BVC1, CLC1, DHV1
    Completed: WFV1, AXV1, CPV1, DFV1, MGC1, CTV1, CUV1, BOV1, BNC1 RIT1, TPV1, COV1, CJV1, C169, C480, C436, C435, C697, C698 :cheers:
    To Be Completed:
    In Progress:

• Options
    i have my last interview friday.
  • Options
    Intake interview went great, got an official email saying my start date is 1/1/13 now :) just waiting on financial aid info to be able to start. I CANT WAIT!
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Good luck! It's pretty fun. It took me about 1.5 years to finish up and it was a great experience
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Probably going to take me about the same, I only transfered one class over icon_sad.gif.
  • Options
    theanimaltheanimal Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Probably going to take me about the same, I only transfered one class over icon_sad.gif.

1.5 years is still a really good/fast time to complete a BS imo.
  • Options
    freshbaklavafreshbaklava Registered Users Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wow thats great year and a half! what degree did you receive and how many credits did you already have coming into it??
  • Options
    freshbaklavafreshbaklava Registered Users Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Guys,
    Been waiting a while to post this here, but I am starting on 1/1/13 officially. I can't wait to get started either, I have been studying for the CCNA and some MCITP courses already as those seem to be the most difficult of the certs I will need to get. I have already taken CCNA course in High School many moons ago(2002) and have been working with win2008 server r2 for a while, so i feel confident.

I am still waiting for a transfer eval, but i got in due to my resume. It took about 2 weeks for them to get to reviewing it for me, and finally today i found out it was approved. Should be another week or so to get my transfer eval back but i wont have a whole lot that does transfer as I didnt finish my AAS.

Anyways I just wanted to let everyone know.

Thanks,
    Santaowns

Good luck hope it's been going well for you!