Options

Passed Net+ today!

powder21powder21 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I went in today to take the exam after having it rescheduled because it wasn't working properly. Passed with a 889, woohoo!

I read two books when studying while also researching things a bit further on the net. The books were Authorized Cert Guide by Kevin Wallace (Don't Recommend) and the N10-005 Exam Cram by Emmett Dulaney & Michael Harwood (Highly Recommended, Great Book!). I should also point out that I do have an AS in Computer Network Systems from ITT, so that helped with already being familiar with the material, but I can honestly say I learned more studying for the exam then I learned at that school icon_sad.gif Stay away from ITT Tech!

I was still very much put off by the new interactive questions. Thank god there were only two of them. The one that was what I call "fluff and fancy colors" (trying not to be too specific) was perfectly fine. I call it that, as I did with two questions on the first exam that was malfunctioning, because it adds absolutely nothing to the experience but just that, fluff and fancy colors. It was basically the same as multiple choice. However, the simulation was ridiculous. Again, I found myself awkwardly trying to decipher what it was they wanted from me instead of solving a problem. Really has me considering whether or not I will take any more CompTIA exams if that is the new format of questions they intend on using in later exams.

Anyways, excited I passed and I really recommend the Exam Cram book if you're still studying.

Comments