Anyone here goto Devry?

TomAtkinsTomAtkins Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone here goto Devry?

I'm looking at online schools

Does anyone have feedback on Devry?

Comments

• CISPhDCISPhD Member Posts: 114
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I don't go to DeVry but I know a few people that had a good experiences there. They moved on to decent careers, felt they had a great education and were able to go to school online. I would say the big cons behind it (and most for-profit schools) is the cost and reputation. You'll be looking at 40-70K in debt and Devry's reputation is partially unfair but schools like ITTech and University of Phoenix has sort of poisoned the for-profit well.
    Source: http://www.devry.edu/assets/pdf/uscatalog/US-Catalog-tuition-chart.pdf

There are other options such as WGU or any of the schools in this thread: http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/53985-master-list-b-m-colleges-offering-online-degrees.html
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • TomAtkinsTomAtkins Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    removed unnecessary quoted reply

I'm OK with the tuition, rates on loans are fairly low and I have a good deal of classes to transfer in, so that will bring it down a lot as well.
  • dehgrahdehgrah Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I received my associates in networking admin and now I've returned for my B.S in IT Management. I love their online program and would recommend it to anyone!
  • filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I go to Devry's Keller Graduate School of Management and it is challenging and rewarding. I work with lota of Devry graduates in the telecom service provider industry.
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller
  • eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't go to DeVry but we have a guy at the school district who did. He liked it but he went to the B+M school. His only complaint is the amount of student loans he now has.
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I went to DeVry but not online schooling (I did have one class which was an online class). I've had a decent experience when I went there. I know it doesn't get the reputation it deserves b/c it's "for profit" but there were some knowledgeable professors there with interesting experiences
  • networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DeVry experience will vary from one student to another. Here's what I can say though. There were definitely some classes that were pretty easy. I did both online and onsite. Some classes were time consuming and some weren't. If you have other options then definitely consider those and let DeVry be your last resort.

I went to DeVry but only paid probably less than $25K due to my previous college credits but still more expensive than a lot of B&M colleges. After graduation, I paid it all off so I don't need to pay the interest. If I went to DePaul University (lived in Chicagoland for few years) then it would probably be around $40-$80K student loans. I chose the least expensive one because I don't want to be in debt for a very long time. I already have IT experience at the time so going to WGU would've been probably better but then I didn't know WGU at the time. I could've saved a lot more money had I known WGU at the time. All I really wanted at the time was to have BS degree in my resume. I still want an MS degree in my resume but not sure if I am going to pursue it.

Good luck with your decision if you haven't already decided to go to DeVry.