Options

Network+ Certified now, but be prepared!

galorybergaloryber Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed with an 808. I have to admit though, the first 20 questions (btw there were only 90 questions, I thought 100?) had me completely certain that I was going to fail. It wasn't the material either. You know how you could be reading a book, engulfed in the fantasy world, and then you're stopped dead in your tracks because of a grammatical error / wrong spelling / awkward sentence and it throws you out of the story? A LOT of my questions felt like they did not form sentences and it made it much more difficult to answer. (It was like working with outsourced tech support!icon_lol.gif Maybe that's a new objective?? haha)

The biggest help for those questions was knowing exacly what each possible answer meant. Then I could eliminate the ones that I knew didn't fit the question.

Simulations weren't terrible, but it's definitely different. It seems like they have improved a little, based on older threads that made me think I would hate them. It would have been nice to have practice tests with simulators though, which I didn't include in my study habits. I used Meyers Network+ after having a good experience with his A+ book, as well as watching all of the Professor Messer videos (What a guy, hey?).

I think I'll have to dive into Darril's Security+ book now icon_wink.gif

Comments

• Options
    nXPLOSinXPLOSi Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Haha I remember my CompTIA exams, the hardest part was understanding the question due to all the errors!

Congrats though, nice score to boot! icon_cool.gif
    Twitter - ClarkFx
  • Options
    oc_noobyoc_nooby Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think I got many wrong because I didn't understand the questions! Passed regardless with an 85%. Simulations where easy but one didn't work until I pressed reset. That was a waste of time! OP, congrats!
  • Options
    nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    Awesome info, congrats on the pass
  • Options
    biggishbiggish Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. I also found some of the questions difficult to understand
  • Options
    longhorn79longhorn79 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! That's funny because Net+ was difficult for myself too. When I took the Sec+ i was like wow that was way to easy compared to Net+. Maybe because it was multiple choice. Good luck on your next cert
    2012/2013 Certification Goals:
    ICND1: Work in progress
    ICND2: depends on ICND1
    70-640 AD: if I have time
  • Options
    shart1971shart1971 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass! I am currently studying for my Net+ now.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass. Great post.

Good luck on the Security+ exam.
  • Options
    zxshockaxzzxshockaxz Member Posts: 108
    Congrats on the passing grade! I go to take mine in a few weeks.