Options

Incorrect username and password: No Matter what I do.

sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
Good morning all, Need some help here..

I am getting really aggravated with trying to lab for CCNA Sec... I am using GNS3 ( which I do not care for..) because I do not have good enough actual routers to support features needed for CCNA:S...

So yea, I am having trouble setting up CCP to talk with my router in GNS3. This super simple process is not working at all. I am entering the commands needed to setup CCP ( Per CISCO book/Per webpage instructionals), but with no luck.

Every time I try and "discover" the device I get "Incorrect Username or Password" every time.. I have tried using the different options in the Username creation command like the 0 and the 5 all to no avail..

I hate to be so negative, but I am to the point to where I am ready to move on to another cert, for it seems like every time I sit down to lab a more advanced topic for CCNA:S I spend the whole time trying to get the fundamentals to work. * aggravating*

Anyways - I have gotten it to work before in GNS3 and on my real equipment. This may be some kind of GNS3 issue, which would not suprise me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks - Shane

*edit* I just setup CCP on my hardware lab just to make sure I had not lost my mind, and it worked on the first try.. So there must be something going on with GNS3.... I need it to work in GNS3, for as stated my hardware lab is lacking in feature sets.
Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security

Comments