Options

Realistic Expectation?

bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190
I was looking at INE's CCIE R/S program and came across the following: blog.ine.com/2010/10/09/how-to-pass-the-ccie-rs-with-ines-4-0-training-program/ Was wondering if 12 hours a week, for 48 weeks is really enough time to pass the lab? I've seen posts claiming closer to 1500 hours which is nearly 3 times what INE is claiming. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    All depends on the person.
    There seems to be this idea that you need 1000 hours of lab time to pass the lab.
    For some people maybe, but if you work with this stuff day in day out and have been doing so for a number of years then your not going to need as much time.

Ill probably have between 400 and 500 hours of actual 'lab study' by the time I sit the lab. But this doesn't take into account all the hours spent studying for CCNA, CCNP or just doing my day to day job for the last 6 or 7 years.

So my point is, if you have the experience then yes I would say INEs claim could be true for some people.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    Yea.. it's totally subjective.

I did some rough calculations of my study time to my CCIE.. 1.4 years .. about 1520 hours total .. but that's just me.
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Plazma - good to see a real live CCIE! :D

Anyone knows how many TE members are CCIE??
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    I think I was close to 1500h as well. I stopped counting after 1000h. The test has gotten tougher so I think 1000h is a realistic goal but it all depends on what level you start at. If you do a lot of advanced switching and routing at your dayjob you will need less time.

I, Plazma and Daniel Lardeux are the ones that passed in the last year I think. Then you probably have some old time guys like Ahriakin and a couple of others. Passes are pretty rare though.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It depends a lot on the person. I typically do 24-36 hours a week. That's just labbing, not any additional reading/video watching that I do...
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."