Options

Finally figured out rip!

santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
I got my wic2ts in yesterday and popped them in but did not have time to experiment. I found time tonight after work as i have a bit of extra time to sleep tomorrow and well ive been working 60 hours the last three weeks (loving my checks).

Anyways i figured out that i had to set the clocking, then i got it all setup in the three router traingle. But i still couldnt ping the networks behind the routers. I am using 10.0.0.0 /24 networks so 10.0.1.0 10.0.2.0 10.0.3.0 and the routers serials all sit on 10.0.10.0 and 10.0.11.0 between r3 and r1. I found the no auto-summary command was my savior and am able to ping from any switch to any network or host on the network now.

Back to my books now. I am really understanding the IOS much more than when i was using gsn3 or packet tracer, and i have even broken and fixed a few things here and there so far haha. Cant do that on gsn3 or packet tracer, although id have more money if they did lol.

Comments

• Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The no auto summary command is a life saver.icon_lol.gif It help me figure out a Packet Tracer lab challenge. The cool thing about this challenge, it didn't show what I was doing wrong. I had to keep working at it till I got 100%
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs