Options

Failed ICND2 Today(first try) - so close

jukemjukem Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Time expired on me at the last question. I ended up getting a score of 804 with 825 needed to pass.Oh well, if the test wasn't as difficult everyone would pass on their first try and the cert would be devalued. I know it sounds weird but, failing has given me a boost in my motivation to really study hard to kill the exam next try! Time to take a break this afternoon and hit the books running tonight!icon_study.gif
“You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.”--Will Smith in the Movie: Pursuit of Happyness

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good! you'll find the motivation key to pounding out the last bits of information.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    2URGSE2URGSE Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jukem wrote: »
    Time expired on me at the last question. I ended up getting a score of 804 with 825 needed to pass.Oh well, if the test wasn't as difficult everyone would pass on their first try and the cert would be devalued. I know it sounds weird but, failing has given me a boost in my motivation to really study hard to kill the exam next try! Time to take a break this afternoon and hit the books running tonight!icon_study.gif

Do you have any lab equipment or sims? Are you using a practice exam engine of any kind?

I've failed the 640-822 3 times (posted that on here) and went to the 2 exam route, nailed my CCENT about a month ago.

From personal experience, if the clock is beating you, you are not ready. (please don't take offense)

I'm using the Boson exam engine for practice, if you can hit 90% consistantly on 4-5 exams, you're ready. Your knowledge should be very solid, so you can finish with 20-40 minutes on the clock. (I'm not joking, that's what happened to me when I passed the CCENT with a 925, it seems crazy, but it isn't).

The labs equipment is great to have so you can learn by doing. (beats any simulator, hands down)
    A+
    Network+
    CCENT (formally CCNA certified)
    ICE (Imprivata Certified Engineer)