Options

exam voucher

seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
im planning on taking the sec+ first week in august and was curious about the exam vouchers.

Having never used an exam voucher what is the procedure? Does it have an expiration date or, etc

I guess im just asking for anyone that has used one before to give me the rundown

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    First, you decide to go with Vue, or Prometric. It doesn't matter which, pick one close to your home. There could be a discussion on which is better, and has been before, I honestly think it matters nil. I've used both, with no problems. Then you buy the voucher from one of many retailers, the link on the left has some good deals, although for Vue only. Then you register with Vue/Pro, and make an appointment. There will be a field for a voucher number when you register, usually on the payment screen. The vouchers usually expire in about a year. If you're too confused, you can always call Vue or Prometric, and make the appointment that way, they will also take the voucher then. Then you study your arse off some more, and go pass your exam. I think that covers it.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    Thanks for the speedy reply

I was rather confused on when it expired or if it would be for only a specific day or what. But if you set your own day then it should be no problem at all.

Ill be sure and give everyone on here a good write up on my thoughts on the exam and my study methods.
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    http://www.getcertify4less.com/security-vuex-promo.asp

Security+ Test Voucher Bundle- Pearson VUE Early Expiry
    You save: 83.00 USD (0% off)
    Regular price: 235.00 USD Our price: 152.00 USD
  • Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just signed up for a Sec+ exam with Vue here in Germany with a voucher from GetCertify4Less and it worked like a charm.

The price here is 262 EUR + 16% tax (~300 EUR total) and I payed $200 for the voucher. Talk about a good deal icon_smile.gif

Regards,
    Lordy
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP