Options

Thinking of passing ICND2

johnifanx98johnifanx98 Member Posts: 329
ICND2 focus on routing part including EIGRP/OSPF. However, I feel the material in CCNA books regarding these two subjects are kinda shallow. Is it a good idea to delve a little on CCNP to boost understanding these two routing protocols? If so, any good CCNP material recommendation?

Comments

• Options
    oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    The CCNA books give you enough information you need to know. Do some labbing and your good to go.

If you really want you could get the CCNP route book, I personally wouldn't though.
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Having extra knowledge is never a bad thing, but don't get too far off the objectives when trying to get a pass.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree with Networker. Venturing into CCNP level topics can be okay, but don't over study it. It might hurt you. What book are you reading for the ICND2?
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ICND2 focus on routing part including EIGRP/OSPF. However, I feel the material in CCNA books regarding these two subjects are kinda shallow. Is it a good idea to delve a little on CCNP to boost understanding these two routing protocols? If so, any good CCNP material recommendation?

Here is what you need. You need the older ICND2 book from the "Learning CCNA" series by Steve McQuerry. HE will get you better honed in for the basics so you can go to the higher or greater books you seek. You need to hone in your fundamentals and lab and you just dont have the right tome.