Options

Just passed CCNA3 Discovery final exam!

Dan-HumphreysDan-Humphreys Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
I don't know if it will mean much to any of you who are self-studying for the CCNA exam, but I have just passed CCNA3 Discovery final exam with 84% and feel so extatic about it that I couldn't resist boasting.

I know most people don't understand why people spend alot of money taking the Discovery route but I am now reminded again of why I believe this to be an excelent choice. After achieving well on this final exam it has practically renewed my motivation and drive for success in a networking career. I am now eagerly awaiting CCNA4 to start in the new year, and am going to use this break to do... More studing icon_smile.gif! This is however an even more practicle choice for me as I am on an apprenticeship that has included CCNA3 and 4 as two of the modules, all the other students are studing CCNA1 and 2 but I had already passed both as an evening course before I started the apprenticeship. There is also a strong posibility that the college are going to pay for my final exam aswell so thumbs up all round.

For those who don't know the topics covered in CCNA3 are
  • Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, RIP v1&2)
  • Spanning-Tree protocol
  • VLAN's
  • VTP
  • WAN encaptulation (Frame Relay, PPP, HDLC)

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice job!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't know if it will mean much to any of you who are self-studying for the CCNA exam, but I have just passed CCNA3 Discovery final exam with 84% and feel so extatic about it that I couldn't resist boasting.

I know most people don't understand why people spend alot of money taking the Discovery route but I am now reminded again of why I believe this to be an excelent choice. After achieving well on this final exam it has practically renewed my motivation and drive for success in a networking career. I am now eagerly awaiting CCNA4 to start in the new year, and am going to use this break to do... More studing icon_smile.gif! This is however an even more practicle choice for me as I am on an apprenticeship that has included CCNA3 and 4 as two of the modules, all the other students are studing CCNA1 and 2 but I had already passed both as an evening course before I started the apprenticeship. There is also a strong posibility that the college are going to pay for my final exam aswell so thumbs up all round.

For those who don't know the topics covered in CCNA3 are
    • Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, RIP v1&2)
    • Spanning-Tree protocol
    • VLAN's
    • VTP
    • WAN encaptulation (Frame Relay, PPP, HDLC)

You should be stoked because I got last CCNA Networking Academy's material before the broke it up into "Discovery" and "Exploration series format and the book is an ICND2 Self study guide under the "Learning CCNA" series by Mcquerry(not odom for his fans) and it has all the topics you listed and then some. These are some of the most important topics to learn to pass ICND2 and CCNA! RIP and Rip V2 are easy peasy and they are in ICND1 test, ALL else are in ICND2 so very important for CCNA composite too!