Need rspan advice...

VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
So I don't think I can do this, but this is what I am trying....

I have 2 L2 acces switches that connect to a dist pair and they both have phones that need to have calls recorded on. One switch has the server that will capture all this data and 2 of the phones in question. On my switch that just has phones and not the box I have a monitor session dumping into my rspan vlan I created and sourcing the phone ports, that works jim dandy back to the box on switch 1. Now the phones on switch 1 ( where the box is ) I tried creating another session sourcing my ports ( for phones ) and destination to the rspan vlan. My other session on that switch is for the box...I am guessing I cannot do this as it doesn't work well but my configs from sw 1 is below ...thought? flames? beers?

Edit: when I re-read this I realized I should clarify that the phones on sw1 are not recording

sw1
monitor session 1 destination interface Fa5/3
monitor session 1 source remote vlan 701
monitor session 1 filter packet-type good rx
monitor session 2 source interface Fa7/28
monitor session 2 source interface Fa7/7
monitor session 2 destination remote vlan 701
monitor session 2 filter packet-type good rx
.ιlι..ιlι.
CISCO
"A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures

Comments

• VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    So I see everyone else knows about as I do when it comes to RSPAN lol icon_rolleyes.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures