Other active IT communities/forums

SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
TE is nice because it's just active enough to visit daily without getting buried in posts or trying to pick up where you left off in a discussion. What are some other communities/forums for IT professionals out there?

Putting down Spiceworks. :)
WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I started participating in VMware Communities recently. TechExams is the only general/catch-all IT community in which I participate (I know the mission is IT certification, but really, that's less than 10% of the topics to which I contribute and/or monitor).
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I like the focus of TE, which while technically being certifications, tends to realistically revolve around the industry and working in it in general.

The only other forum I have really any presence on these days is Technet.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • gunbunnysouljagunbunnysoulja Member Posts: 353
    While not directly IT related, the other forum that I like (and use to be a huge part of) is AVSForum.
    WGU BSITStart Date: July 1, 2013
    In Progress: CJV1 (4 CU)
    Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)
    Completed: MGC1, TPV1, CUV1 (14 CU)
    Remaining: BOV1, BNC1, TXP1, TXC1, TYP1, TPC1, SBT1, QZT1 (22 CU)

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I've been on the Defcon, Binary, Cisco and Linkedin forums. This tends to be the only forum I spend any real amount of time on. I've seen a mix of chest pounding or sour grapes depending on the forum and TE tends to be more realistic as one poster already said
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I also hang out on the LinkedIn forums mainly for the entertainment value. "IT Professionals" using it as a helpdesk is hilarious. MY main home is here where serious stuff belongs.
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I stop in once and awhile to ethicalhacker.net but other than that TE is the place for me. Most people here are mature about there posting and don't argue for the most part. Go on Neowin or toms hardware and its like being in a room full of childern who didn't get their nap time.