Took the Security+ today...

newwavvenewwavve Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been in and out of the IT industry for the last 10 years. Mostly technical support related/level jobs. I was recently offered a Linux Administrator position working for HP in Fort Knox, KY and had to take and pass the Security+ before my start date. I was provided with study materials from the company that hired me but I wasn't confident with those. I only had 2 weeks to study and I was worried. I came on here and a lot of people recommended the book "CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-301 Study Guide by Darril Gibson". I'm glad I ended up picking up the book because I passed today with an 857/900!

This is the first technical certification I've ever taken as well. I was scoring well on the chapter review tests and then I found a couple other practice tests and didn't do as well. I was honestly surprised that everything I needed to know was covered in Darril's book! Just wanted to say props to Darril for creating such a comprehensive guide on the subject of Security+. Thanks again! boomshackalacka!