Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
anyone have this phone?

I currently have a Windows Phone, and I do still like my windows phone, but I am with Sprint, and so far they have yet to announce a WP8 handset... so, I don't know if I love Windows Phone enough to switch carriers for it.....

if nothing comes up in the early 2013, I may be looking at a different ecosystem...

normally I'm pretty diehard that i need a physical keyboard, but this phone looks really appealing to me.... not sure if it's the stylus or the $40 flippy cover thing, but it just looks like something I should own....

anyone have one?
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Like you I needed a physical keyboard, my 3 previous phones had qwerty keyboards and I thought that I would never buy a keyboard-less phone.

Then I bought the Note II, it's huge screen does not compensate for the lack of a physical keyboard, but I can live with it and I think you will too.
  • MSPSHAY2003MSPSHAY2003 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Both my brother and sister in law have one and they really enjoy it. My SIL has stopped using her tablet. I am thinking of making that purchase as well in the near future
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I tried one out this weekend when I was at Best Buy. I was hesitant before when I tried it but it seems like a very nice phone. I am very tempted but am on the fence between the S3, Nexus or iPhone 5. Most of the reasons for the Android phones that I chose was software updates. I don't care if I get numbered version OS updates but mostly I would like security updates and phones are so limited to getting them with OS upgrades it seems.

Not sure if the Note is considered a specialized phone for Samsung and if they will be updating it reliably is my main concern basically.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This is the phone I'm looking to get a some point!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    see my thread with some random opinion from myself and others lol i was excited and wrote short un legible comments lol there are some video setups in there as well.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/off-topic/83562-galaxy-note-2-a.html
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I'm stupid, apparently I was all over that thread....
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    lol it happens, no one actually really cares about we post in forums, enough to remember it. I might write something in here then create a thread about it later hahaha

Did you get the phone yet?

I want to buy the logitech bluetooth keyboard for it.
    Logitech Bluetooth® Illuminated Keyboard K810

and

Mouse Logitech® Tablet Mouse for Android
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    my contract isn't up until March, so, I'd have to pay $50 on top of the high price of the phone....

so... as much as I want to go get it.. it's just a ton of money, but the idea it could save me from buying a tablet is helping me justify it
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    I saw T-Mobile is getting rid of subsidized phones. I think phone hardware is peaking though so not sure how much longer carriers can keep enticing people to continue the contract-upgrade cycle. I noticed the resale market for phones especially iPhones is keeping steady so the two keep getting closer and closer.

I want to buy my next phone off contract and looking at the specs of the SG3 I might get that when the next Galaxy is released.

I really don't know to be honest I keep flip floppng on what I want.
    Holy cow rumors of a 6.3 inch display Note 3? Saw the story on Cnet, has to be a rumor lol

Galaxy Note 3 with 6.3-inch display reportedly in the works | Mobile - CNET News
    Yep Galaxy note 3
    Saw a comment along the lines of "Might as well get a regular tablet, put it in your backpack and use Bluetooth" lol.
    Maybe with the announcement/release the current one will drop in price significantly in the refurb market and I can get one then.
    the current one just came out in late oct early november. NO chance you will see any price drops any time soon.
    chrisone wrote: »
    the current one just came out in late oct early november. NO chance you will see any price drops any time soon.

actually, there is a development. if you are getting a new contract, it's down to $149 on Sprint, but still over $200 for contract extensions

if it was $150 to re-up my contract, I'd get one today
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm in the final stages of procurement for a big order of 2's and i see this thread icon_cry.gif.

The phone feature will probably be the least used aspect of these devices for us go figure.